Dear Arachnids

I was sad to hear about Aurelia passing away. She offered to proofread for me
when I started revamping my ‘Cassells Illustrated Dictionary of
Lacemaking’ as ‘Salex Illustrated Dictionary of Lacemaking’. Every
morning  she would reply with corrections to my rewriting interspersed with
witty comments which would have me in stitches. She made what would otherwise
have been drudgery into a delight. For that I shall be eternally grateful.
Knowing her is an inspiration that will  remain with me.

I consider it an honour to have known her and been able to call her my
friend.

Alex