The story with the princess who escaped using her long hair was Rapunzel.
I don't remember any version in which she made lace with her hair but she was said to have braided it. Perhaps in the language of the time it had the meaning of lace making. Rumpelstiltskin was the story of the young woman who was to spin gold from straw, well actually Rumpelstiltskin did the spinning for the princess. Both of these stories were made famous by the Grimm Bros, but they were stories past down from generations. It is interesting to realize how these stories were originally told with a moral or something to teach the listener.