One of my young embroidery protégées has alerted me to a new  exhibition at
The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.  She sent me  the
following news item from The New York Times, published September 12th:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/13/arts/design/interwoven-globe-a-300-year-su
rvey-of-textiles-at-the-met.html?_r=0

Be sure to look at the 9 detailed pictures (offered at top of  screen).
Note the advice to bring a magnifier, and I would add you might  like to carry
a small purse-sized flashlight (torch), as  well.

Let me also suggest you do a search of "Interwoven Globe" so you can easily
 find the museum's site about the exhibit, the Texile Society's, etc.

This sounds like a true blockbuster of an exhibit - with curators from 9
departments working together to create it.  For those of us who love all
textiles, and for those who love to travel to faraway lands and visit
marvelous
 museum collections of things you have never seen in existing books
available to  you, this is a treat.

I have just ordered the book.  If you would like a review, let me  know.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center