Hi Sue,
I don't know where the pattern is from, but I saw a piece of lace like this at the Denver Art Museum. I have a (not so great) picture of the lace: the hand is mostly cloth stitch (CTC) with index finger and thumb grasping part of the lower edge of the frame and pulling it up. The other three fingers are splayed out from the hand.

I believe all the lace samples at the Denver art museum were made or donated by the Rocky Mountain Lace Guild, so hopefully one their members will know the source of the hand pattern.

Sharon