Hi, Devon,

I bought some Filet net from Lacis, last year.  They had free postage within
USA - so I had it sent to Helen, and then collected it when we visited.

There are different sizes of mesh - I usually use the 9 count. The net is
wider than normal dress fabric, but you buy it by the yard .  It is around
#35 per yard, according to their web site.
This is a poly cotton netting they have there now.

It is shown on their website  http://lacis.com/catalog/  go to Materials,
then down the left side list to tulle and netting.

The book iI learned from  was Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch Australia, Special
Edition No. 3 - a magazine type book that is still available, I think from
Jill Oxton Publications.  This edition is the filet Lace edition, work by
Margaret Morgan.

Margaret Morgan's "Filet Lace" book is Excellent.  I have that and have
learned so much from it.

I hope this helps.
Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.