Hello Joke and everyone
thank you for sharing the link to Kate Davies's blog.

First off she has a nice blog and I love knitting...the entry for Gawthorpe
is excellent and I like her description above the lace pillow photo:
"You could imagine her having just left the room, to take a break from her
lace work."

As has been pointed out Kay Shuttleworth was forthright in her opinions, an
example seen in the photo two down from the lace pillow.

A wondering out loud, to the list in general: I had another look at the
photo of the pillow, would RKS have left the room with her lace bobbins all
jumbled like that?  (ok, maybe that's *why* she left the room...!), or are
they left in a jumble for museum reasons,  'artefact as found' ?

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Joke Sinclair <jokep...@btinternet.com>wrote:

> I found some intriguing photos of the textile collection of Gawthorpe Hall
> in the UK, on Kate Davies blog;
>
> katedaviesdesigns.com <http://katedaviesdesings.com>
>
> --
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada