Alex,

I would like to say that this book was a lightbulb moment in my lacemaking
career.  The lovely, Cynthia, a friend of my mother's had just come back from
Tenerife and was inspired by the lace there.  She went up to London and visited
Foyles and returned with a copy of this book.  We sat together and poured over
it.  Contacted a supplier from the list in the back and she ordered the
equipment she needed and she sewed whilst I interpreted the instructions.

We were so impressed that in craft terms, we had performed brain surgery using
a book.

Two weeks later, I met a lady who was offering to teach bobbin lace and I
joined her group.  Disappointed in her speed of teaching, it was Cynthia who
reminded me that we adored your book and encouraged me to go and buy other
lacemaking books to learn from because your book had shown it was possible.

We both still talk about your book with that wistful look normally reserved for
a great love.  In fact, when I last saw Cynthia a few months ago I commented
that the book was still in pride of place in her bookshelf.

We all wrote earlier of inspiring teachers and I just anted to say that I feel
very lucky and privileged to be part of Arachne and to be able to tap into the
global teaching pool that it offers.  When we relocated the books earlier this
year, my husband asked me to point to which books were by authors I had either
met or knew through Arachne and I was rather proud to point out your books on
my shelf.

We don't say thank you enough in this life or worse still we say thing like 'I
don't know how to say thank you to you for what you have done'

So, Alex, I do know how to say thank you.  Thank You

Kind Regards

Liz Baker