Thank you Brenda, really interesting.
Sue T

If you go to the link
http://www.grangecraft.com/product_info.php?prod_id=29
then click on the photo of the lace to enlargeit,  it is clearly labelled
"Irish Lace, Hand finished lace made on traditional embroidery frames."
The smaller writing underneath reads
"The tradition of Embroidery and Lace Making in Ireland dates back to the early nineteenth century and different areas of the country developed their own particular styles. Our aim is to re-create some of the styles and effects of the Irish embroiderers of yesteryear. Our skills are traditional, but out techniques and materials are of today. We hope that our product, made for you with care and pride, will give you pleasure. By Grange Crafts, County Cork, Ireland."

I take that to mean that it is in the style of traditional Irish lace (and it has the shamrock motif) but not made in the same way

If you go to
http://www.grangecraft.com/products.php?cat_id=22
you will see that they offer bookmarks, coasters and traycloth etc, all just different sized pieces cut from a large piece of lace fabric with a repeating pattern - which I think confirms that someone used scissors to snip the sections apart to make it hand finished!
.