David is currently without a computer, and has asked me to forward this to the
list!  Meanwhile, I hope I have helped him figure out how to get Arachne on his
iPad, so he may be able to see your responses, and if not, email him directly!

Clay

Begin FWD:

I'm enjoying so much the 2nd series of the TV series of The Paradise. My
friends and I have been trying to work out exactly when it is set. I'm sure
it's 1800s, but this week they mentioned a forth coming war with Japan which
has thrown me and I don't know my 19th century Japanese wars.

I understand that Emil Zola published thus book in 1883 so can only assume it's
prior to that. There are some small bustles, but no hoops or crinolines. Can
anyone help please. The costumes are just superb!

David in Ballarat, Aus

Sent from my iPad