Happy New Year from us here in Dorset as well. I cleared up lots of little lace pieces during the last 2 or 3 months of the year and have now in the middle of making a gift but have sat and begun to list ufos of sewing, lace and things like that that must be done soon, then a list ofodd ufos in my little box with no end user yet. When I heard about an engagement I have made items of lace over the years, but they dont always lead to a wedding. One piece wasn't ready in time so still sits as pieces of lace in my box and needs to be all sewn together, I wanted to have a couple of horseshoes waiting so that if I heard of an engagement, special wedding anniversary or something I didn't have to rush at making one, so have left them unfinished. One piece I have been unsuccessful in cutting out the right shape acetate to sandwich in between so is not finished. Now need more acetate. Most of my ufos are down to the sewing completion.... my weakness it would appear. I haven't yet left any unfinished lace in the making on pillows. I have been asked to teach my next door neighbour to make lace so need to get some items together for that and someone else wants me to show her little craft group how to do the needle tatting which I made for several bauble coverings. I have plans to learn another craft which means reading and trying, watching video clips and seeing how I get on, but I have more faith in myself now having used this method to learn the needle tatting in 2013. No big lace projects in mind yet this year so I need to go through my books and choose my patterns and ideas for the future. First time in a very long time I haven't had a long list of things to do already, :-) I dislike sitting without ideas of what to do next though, so need to find something soon.
Sue T
Dorset UK

Happy New Year to all fellow spiders, have you made any resolutions? Mine is to finish all UFOs before I start any further new ones, to date it is:- 1 almost finished Honiton tortoise sampler, 1 very large tablecloth edging ( just 10 repeats to do) 1 Multicoloured dragon (very large) 1 Bucks Point snowman (started for Christmas but not completed in time ) 1 braid glove in black , oh and 1 cross stitch of 2 Chinese children started about 3years ago I'm ashamed to say but put away and forgotten.
Sue M Harvey
Norfolk
U.K.