Liz Baker wrote:

> I was sad to hear that Ruth Bean had died, it does explain the fact that her
book list was disappearing from print.  There were a number of books that she
published on lace that I used to learn and without which I would either not
have master a technique or taken much longer to do so.

When I posted on here so me time ago that some Ruth Bean Bedfordshire books
were out of print, I immediately got an email from her husband asking where I
got that information because they were still in print.

I told him that no suppliers were carrying the books and there was no Ruth
Bean web site, so if they were in print how was anyone supposed to find them.
Apparently there was a Facebook page, but many of us have no desire to have
anything to do with Facebook. As far as I and many others were concerned Ruth
Bean had stopped publishing anything. If he has sold the business, again who
knows the business has been sold and whether or not any books are in print?
There doesn't appear to be any information on the web - I suppose it's on
Facebook. Don't these people realise they're missing out on a lot of people if
they don't also have a web page?

Jean Nathan, Poole, Dorset, UK