My 1928 first edition of 'Pratical Lacemaking - Bucks Point-Ground' says
exacty the same. There is no other mention that I can find in the text of the
mat.

I have in the past recognised some of the component parts as having
come from other, possibly older, designs. I guess that is only to be expected
considering the wealth of old designs she had at her fingertips. It is a shame
that much of her collection was split up between various different museums
as she would have been in a prime position during her lace life to acquire
many of the old parchments.

I have just notice that the acknowledgement to
Pat Bury in the pattern pack is for 'The adapted pricking, sample and note'
- so the large mat picture is the original? Sorry am I playing catch up here
;-)

Diana