Susan said "For Alex & other lace authors, may I cast my vote for spiral bound
editions? ......... Books lie flat & do not need to be propped open--very
handy when one is trying to follow the instructions!"

But I understand that suppliers and librarians aren't so keen on then as they
get bent out of shape more easily, and 'sag' when in a bookstand.  And as a
teacher carrying books around, I do try to be very careful to give my spiral
and comb bound books support from more traditionally bound ones.  They are
also harder to push into a gap in a very full bookcase!  There are pluses and
minuses to everything in life I guess.

If you produce a spiral bound book, please make sure you opt for an extra heavy
cover sheet front and back as this makes a vast difference to both the feel and
the durability of the book.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire