This is my most challenging lace project so far.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/warpedandwonderful/8310332097/
overall it is 20" x 33"
there are 8 strips sewn together to fill the center
took about 9 months to complete.

Vila Cox
Warped & Wonderful   http://www.warpedandwonderful.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warped-Wonderful-Handwoven-Treasures/241360532566599

On 1/11/2014 3:05 PM, Celtic Dream Weaver wrote:
    I am curious as to what people have made out there in Lacingland that you
would call the ultimate piece of lace you have ever made or felt good about
when finished.
    For me it was the Thistle Bookmark that I entered in the
state fair this year. I worked on that on and off for years. In the begining I
wasn't sure I could master the piece...but I did. Not saying I am an expert
because I am not and do not feel comfortable in starting laces. I still need a
book. I don't know what my next piece of lace will be yet.
    I have still
been painting and just finished up my last Christmas bobbin painting. There
were started before the end of last year and I didn't want to have them just
sitting around unfinished. You can see the Santa bobbin on my blog URL in
signature. Check them out.
    So what do I want to put on my pillow and work
on right now. ...well...maybe a Bucks point snowman ornament. It is in
octagonal in shape and I have never done one like that...so thinking about
it....I also have been thinking of what lace I want to make to enter in the
state fair next month. I do have an idea...that has been perculating in my
brain.
    The only laces I have on pillows right now is  two continous laces.
One is a simple Bucks point edge and the other is a shamrock Torchon edge. It
has been so long since I have touched the Torchon edge that I am not sure how
to do it ....but I think I have notes somewhere. Unlike many lacers...I didn't
learn Torchon as my first lace but Bucks point from Bridget Cooks VHS tape I
had.
    Anyhow...back to my question for all of you...What is your "Ultimate"
piece of lace have your made and felt good about when  finished??
Wind To Thy
Wings,
Sherry
New York, US of America