There has been a reply from Pat Bury about the copyright  status of the
pricking for Miss Channer's Mat.

She writes:
I do not have the copyright as I was paid for my work by Ruth  Bean.
I worked from an actual size photocopy of the mat supplied by  Ruth. The or
iginal lace being in the Bedford Museum.
When published a number of lacemakers altered the overlaid  leaf filling to
honeycomb and mayflowers for ease of working.
I am sorry I cannot help you more. Ruth died a while ago and I  do not know
what Nigel has done about the business.

So, perhaps her answer has moved the discussion forward, a  little,
Devon