Although it might be convenient for us English speaking nations if all the
books we are interested in were written in our mother tongue, why should the
author bear the cost of translation. And unless that author already has some
English, the additional cost to get an independent review of the quality and
accuracy of the translation.

Add to that the book is now twice the size, or are you suggesting that there
should be two different editions?  Either would make it harder to find a
printer. Or perhaps the book should only be published in English thus depriving
the original target audience that the author was writing for.

Unfortunately it is never going to work, and books like the Hinojosa book,
where all the history and techniques were translated into 4 languages are
always going to be the exception. That only worked because the author is
multilingual herself and had proof readers in each language to check the
technical stuff. Mistakes still got through and the whole thing was a nightmare
for her.

Unfortunately, if you want to read a book in a different language, you have to
either learn the language, pay for a translation or use an on line translator,
which is something we couldn't do 25 years ago.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire

Sent from my iPhone