Hi Marianne,

I went through my books, including Anne Collier's book, and did not see a
pattern for an Angel.  However, in Collier's book, the costumes are period
costumes, and have capes and collars, etc, which might seem somewhat angelic if
you weren't sure what you were looking at.

Likewise, the other Needle Lace books and miniature lace books that I looked
through did not have an angel either.  Perhaps you were working from a special
pattern that was sold individually by the designer?  I have a pattern like this
(in bobbin lace) that is meant to be completed with a painted wooden head and
pipe-cleaner body.

Clay

Good luck on your search!

Sent from my iPad