Re - Jane in Vermont, USA where the lilacs are in bloom and smell divine.
jvik...@sover.net
I say it is for the lace writing community to set the  usage, and the Oxford
Spelling Dictionary to follow our lead! As soon as we  develop our
style sheet we can send them a copy.

Thank you Jane. Understanding each other is the most important aspect and the
little differences can assist in avoiding misinterpretation. Certainly the
Oxford Dictionary follows usage, whether the powers that be like the terms or
not, We only have to pass our terminology into mainstream usage and the OD has
to follow.

Happy Lacemaking, lace making or lace-making (whichever you prefer)

Alex