I attended lace classes more than 30 years ago in Essex with Alex Stilwell.

During one class Alex told the us how to clean off X Ray films in order to use them to cover a piece of lace that was damp from washing and which we wanted to pin out onto the pattern to dry. The film would protect the pattern card from the damp, especially if we had to spray the lace with more water as we were pinning it out.

I have a mountain of X Ray films that I could be putting to some use rather than just throwing them out.

I wonder if Alex could tell the list how to clean off the films. Or maybe someone knows how to do this.

Regard
Jenny DeAngelis