HI Alex,

If you replied to my message on the subject of Cleaning X Ray Films in order to use them on a lace pillow then I have not seen your reply. Did you intend to reply to me privately or through the list? I have received the latest Digest of the list but only the message from you below saying you had responded.

I have almost 30 years worth of X Ray films to dispose of and thought some could be put to a good use on my lace pillow now and then if I knew how to clean them.

Regards
Jenny DeAngelis
Spain.

Alex Stilwell wrote.
<<I had not read the message on the Digest, only responded to a request for
how I clean x-ray film. I use it to protect the lace from staining from the
pricking e.g. when I am going to spray with starch, I place the film on the
pricking and make the lace on top of it. The other times I use x-ray film is
to make a transparent repeating pricking, a slider and a guard.  It is
easier to use sticky backed plastic to protect when spraying, but if a
generous amount of starch is used it can pass down through the pinholes and
colour can leach up. Acetate film (0.18 thick) is a suitable substitute for
x-ray film.
Happy lacemaking
Alex>>