Jean said to use saliva, Suck it and See was the term she used:-

Whenever I am making lace or sewing by hand and prick my finger I always use the saliva method immediately. This method seems to only really works on natural fibre fabric, or so I have found.

Take a good length of cotton thread roll into a ball and put in your mouth to soak in saliva, as Jean said it must be the saliva of the same person as the blood comes from. Then I take the soaked ball of thread and gently pat at the blood spot on the lace on my pillow, or on the fabric I am sewing. Trying not to rub at it but just dabbing. Keep soaking the ball of thread in saliva and patting the spot until it is removed. You need to really soak the ball of thread well with saliva each time. Catch the blood spot as early as you can, the sooner the better once the stain is first made.

Sometimes I have found that the spot of blood will disperse but might leave a bit of a feint mark where the saliva soaked into the lace or fabric and diluted the blood stain. But I have found that this mark comes out later on once the item is washed as the blood has been so weakened by the saliva. It is all to do with the enzymes, or something, in the blood and saliva and why it must be the saliva of the person whose blood it is on the item.

Regards
Jenny DeAngelis