I have mainly lurked for a while, but do read each and every email. Just have not had heart to write much lately. But I did want to share what was recently made lace wise... I knit a baby christening dress in pink with white roses. It had a beautiful winding leaf pattern down the front with lace vines. Around the neck were small leaves that had some white roses on it. It was a sad labor of love, as my Granddaughter Rayne Ann was born Monday 7/28/14 and passed away 44 minutes later. Today we buried her in the dress. I had wanted to make her a white silk dress with some hand made lace, but just did not have the time to do that. Now she is wrapped in knit lace for eternity, something made with love. We had found out a little over a month ago she would not make it much past birth due to a defect in her heart, a hernia that allowed her stomach, liver, and intestines in chest. That in turn kept her lungs from developing as only one had room and that was not developed enough to sustain life. When my Son and Daughter in law chose to allow her to pass peacefully I knew that a dress would be made by me for her to wear. My son chose the yarn the day we got the bad news and I worked on it, only finishing the day before she was born.

Tonight, I am hoping to work on some lace if the motivation ever comes back.

--
Shell in Central PA
“A half finished shawl left on the coffee table isn't a mess; it's an object of