That period wasn't too early for either bobbin lace or needle lace.  The
Professor's Archives has a lot of scanned in books that date from the 1500s
with both bobbin and needle lace patterns.  I've made good use of the books
for some of my punto in aria and reticello recreations.

It's probably just that, whomever the Fellers are, they liked collecting
embroidery more than lace.  :)

Bronwen
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

--

"Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living."- Albert
Einstein

"Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle
of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein