I am home, now after a visit to USA, - both to family, and to convention,.

Lace in both places, but you will be interested in convention, so ...

I took the gold & silver Early Laces, with Gil Dye. It was wonderful - but
stretched my brain quite a bit as we worked without any pricking, and then,
later on with just a 5mm plain graph paper as guide lines!  Challenging, I
can assure you!!!! And with metallic threads that have a mind of their own!

The big co-incidence is that I bought metallic thread from the Tatting
Corner, over there, on line, and had it sent to my daughter to save on
overseas postage (so spend a couple of thousand dollars in air fares to
collect it personally!!!!!!!!!! :) ) - and Monday morning went to class and
chose 'my spot for the week' next to a total stranger. Well, it turned out
she spends time helping the lady in the Tatting Corner shop!  What are the
odds of that happening when there were a couple of hundred people at
Convention, - and I picked the right one to sit next to!!!!!!!!!

I did some shopping with the vendors - I had pre-ordered some books etc for
a couple of good friends over here. I would not get to Lace Days if they did
not collect me, and bring me home afterwards, so carrying a few books home
for them was fine with me!

The bus tour on Wednesday was a very long trip, but I enjoyed it all. We
visited The Lace Museum, and Lacis.  I was amazed at some of the collection
in the Museum. Wonderful;, and what an Aladdin's Cave Lacis is!!!

 It was a most enjoyable week, - meeting up with old friends, and making
some new ones. Thank you to all who made this a great week.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.