I've spent the past week seeing all the posts to Jeri in support of the work
she does and it made me think that it says more about the person who made the
comment than Jeri's behaviour.

In this life there are people who think that the bench mark for the world is
the life that they live.  If they don't watch something, it's not worth
watching.  If they don't like a food, it's not worth eating.

Many years ago I met a man on a training course.  He was outraged that each
night he had to read material for the next day.  He turned to the tutor and
said in an indignant voice "I haven't read a book or magazine since I left
school and I'm not going to start now just for you'

The tutor quietly replied; 'that's your choice but i can't guarantee that I
will cover all the material that is contained in Friday's test so I'm giving
you the opportunity to gain extra knowledge that might help you pass.  It
doesn't matter to me if you pass the test or not but of course, your continuing
employment is based on you passing the test.'

A few yeas later I was delivering a course with that same tutor and I reminder
her of that conversation.  She remarked that many people feel they are entitled
to dictate what other people do simple because they didn't want to do it
themselves but all actions have consequences.  That guy could say he didn't
want to read and the only person affected as him.

If Jeri stops writing her posts the person who made that comment now affects
all of us who have written in support of Jeri.  I now know things that I didn't
before because of Jeri.  I have used her tips for conservation of the few
vintage items I have and helped friends with her advice.

Kind Regards

Liz Baker