Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 19:56:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: jeria...@aol.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Eye of the Needle - Feller, Goodhart, Witney

For the few who study early embroidery,

It was delightful to read Jane's August 13th memo  about the Feller Sampler
exhibition at the Ashmolean Museum.  I  have visited this museum 2 times,
and found much thread work in the regular  collection to be of interest.
Both times it was arranged that a staff  member open storage drawers to show
pieces at rest.
http://www.ashmolean.org/exhibitions/eyeoftheneedle/

In case you think I neglected to ever tell you about the Feller
Collection, see my 2012 memo by going to our Arachne archives and putting "Feller
Collection" in the Search box:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/index.html