What a shame that vendors are not prepared to go to lace days in the UK. It is
so much better to see the books and threads.  We have a problem getting them
as the distances they have to come make it very expensive to attend.  In my
Illinois guild we always had a vendor who could also teach a class the day
before and the day of our lace day to make it more worthwhile.
Now I live in
CA, there are more opportunities to get to lace events but the distance and
traffic make me cautious about driving.  Yesterday I attended a lace meeting
in Redlands, about an hour drive north of here, but when we came out I was in
rush hour traffic and Interstate 10 was a parking lot.  Plus we had unusual
weather, a thunderstorm that had torrential rain.  Felt sorry for the guy in
the convertible but we do need the rain.

Janice

Janice Blair
Murrieta,
CA, 60 miles north of San Diego