I think it is a good idea that teachers should see a blank evaluation form and
I intend to contact the IOLI Education Chair to get a copy that I can send
along with their agreement.  As Devon mentioned, some teachers might not be
aware of what they get assessed on.  Of course, many of the regular teachers
have had many chances to see these forms before, but they can disregard the
attachment if they wish.
Janice

<Lynn wrote:
Devon mentioned giving an
evaluation form to teachers before they teach a
class, especially the first
class.  I think that's a good idea, or a form
that tells them some basics,
perhaps even that strong criticism without
further positive assistance is not
a good idea.  Paper handouts are very
helpful, as not everyone can buy your
latest book.  The obvious things that
most teachers understand without
saying, but I think it is better to say
them.  How that can be done
tactfully, however, would be a major project.
Similarly, knowing a teacher's
preferences before going to class could be
helpful, too.  Knowing that a
certain teacher expects you to do 'homework'
in order to keep up with the
class, or does not require homework and
everything is done in class also
would be useful.

Frankly, knowing what to expect, and what is expected of one
in the
teacher/student situation is useful both ways.  However, I doubt
anything
concrete will be done about it.>

Janice Blair
Murrieta, CA, 60