I have always taught beginners for basically the cost of my travel.  For more
advanced tuition I charge a little more.  I also encourage newbies to join the
local group to get support and offer a list of books to work with for
inspiration.

In addition, for the taster classes that I have been running at local craft
stores, I have provided all the equipment so the learner simply has to turn up,
choose some lovely colours and start.

As to age, the last taster session had a lovely young lady of just 7 who had
better colour coordination than the rest of us.

Sent from my iPad