Hi Alice Howel, Dorcas Newkirk and fellow Arachnids,

Just e few minutes ago I received a card and a beautiful piece of lace (made
with an Eeva-Liisa Kortalahti pattern of an angel). Thank you very much Alice,
I am delighted with it. I am really spoiled this year with this piece as well
as the lovely tatted miniature Christmas wreath as well as a handmade decoupage
card from Dorcas Newkirk. Thank you both very much indeed.

The piece I sent this year was not my own design as I would normally do, as I
just have not had the time. Instead I worked an adaptation of an pattern which
was published in the Anna (Burda) magazine in the 1980s. The original was about
 8 inches (21 cm) high, but I reduced it to about 3.5 inches (9 cm) as it was
originally worked in very thick thread (not very lacy. My pieces were worked in
DMC broder machine #50 run together with an ‘mother of pearl’ blending
filament to give the lace a slight glitter. This gave a thickness of about DMC
broder machine #30 The two pieces were also worked slightly differently as (a)
I prefer not to work two pieces exactly alike and (b) I wanted my two partners
in crime -sorry exchange ;-D- to have an individual interpretation.

I cannot say what it is as that would take the surprise away, but needed to
explain what I’d done as I forgot to put an explanation in my cards.

Remains to wish everyone a lacefully Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year
with plentiful time for your hobbies.

Joepie in a quite chilly -but dry !!- East Sussex, UK