Good morning, Arachnids.

I hope that many of you plan to attend the IOLI convention next summer in
Coralville, IA  USA.  The dates are July 27-August 2nd.

There has been some concern about the availability of queen bed hotel rooms
expressed on Facebook.  The problem seems to be with the hotel website
which can be somewhat confusing.  I think the following information will be
helpful.

Information about the 2015 Convention is available on the I.O.L.I.
website.  This is the same information that you will receive in the Winter
issue of the Bulletin plus additional details which were not printed
because of space limitations.  For example, the hotel reservation website
is quirky.  So if you choose to make your reservation online instead of
using the telephone, you need to know:Online Reservations:Reservations for
our room block at the Coralville Marriott may be made online via this link
http://goo.gl/KcWgAq  .  You will need to expand “Room & Accessibility
Preferences” to select your room type.  The rate is the same for either 2
queen beds or 1 king bed.  If you select the queen beds and hit Select, the
as“Request(s) Unavailable”.  You can ignore this.  If our block is sold
out
you will instead get a red banner and will be unable to complete your
reservation.  Try contacting the hotel directly at 1-319-688-4000.  Also
note, the parking rate on their website reflects the general parking rate,
not our negotiated rate of $5.00 per day.

Ruth Lyon in sunny Dubuque, Iowa