>From Karen Bovard:
> Follow the following link to explore Patty Dowden's work on Hyperbolic
Tatting:   http://tinyurl.com/kkksnzl  (tiny url of original link to
HyperbolicTatting.pdf)

Thanks Karen. I was aware of the work on crocheting hyperbolic surfaces but
had not heard of this tatted version by Patty Dowden. What a wonderful find.
I am very interested in the growing collection of work about exploring
mathematics through fibre arts.  I do quite a bit of outreach work to get
youth interested in math and computer science and look for different ways to
attract girls in particular.  Arts and crafts are usually much more effective
than computer games and robots, or so I have found.

In my paper I mention a book called “Making mathematics with needlework”
by Sarah-Marie Belcastro and Carolyn Yackel. Associated with the book there is
a good web site maintained by Sarah-Marie:

http://www.toroidalsnark.net/mkbook.html

And a list of various projects (see Selected links: Mathematical Fiber Arts
(but not knitting)) toward the bottom of the following page:

http://www.toroidalsnark.net/mathknit.html

I will send this tatting reference to Sarah-Marie and see if she will add it
to her list of mathematical fibre art links.

Kind regards,
Veronika