Hi

I have also used the technique of enlarging Honiton patterns so that people can
learn the techniques, especially when they are nervous of the fineness of the
thread and the closeness of the pinholes.  I can't remember how much I
increased the pattern to for 50 Cotona type thickness but seem to think that
130%  or 140% sticks in my mind.    However the best thing to do is to
experiment by printing several copies of the pattern, marking it with the print
 sizing and trying it out.  Try a little cloth stitch, half stitch and a ten
stick.    But having the advantage and flexibility as to the number of pairs of
bobbins used in certain areas of the lace is helpful.

This may be of some help and if I get time in the next few days to try it I
will report.

Maureen
E Yorks (UK)