Wow - I just checked my email and yes I just want to write quickly with a
huge thank you to all who have made suggestions!  I am like Barbara - here
in hot dry Southern California - Los Angeles to be exact.   Barbara where
are you?

I am reading through your emails and taking notes as well - my mom and I
are already trying to figure out how to visit the Lace Guild.

We are in the planning stages still and want to accommodate as many of
these suggestions as we can.  I know for sure we will be in London for
several days, Brussels for several days, Milan for the World Expo, Venice
for the Biennale and in Croatia for four days or so.  I know it's all short
- but coming from the west coast of the US we want to see a little bit of
everything.  I wish it could be a three month trip.  We are planning for
about three weeks.  ;)

And, indeed, what a wonderful community this is - thank you!