Dear Arachnes,

Just to add to the discussion. The amount of lace on display in the Cecil
Higgins at Bedford, now rebranded "the Higgins bedford" has been drastically
reduced since the remodelling (and I gather the same is true of Luton).
Although the collection *is* still there and they do have occasional collection
access talks, and will do study visits.  I was lucky enough to go to one just
before Easter, I only heard about it at the last minute or I would have posted
the info. Their Social History curator Lydia is actually learning  lace with a
local group and we begged her shamelessly for more talks.

A bit of better news is that the Fan Society is celebrating its 40 years with
an exhibition of lace fans there during May which will be worth a look.

Fans-i-ful Lace
May 2015
Collectors gallery - Entry free
 The Fan Circle International are celebrating 40 years in 2015 and are marking
the occasion with a display of beautiful lace fans for the month of May here at
The Higgins Bedford.

http://www.thehigginsbedford.org.uk/exhibitions/coming_up.aspx

Louise

In sunny Cambridge where we seem to have jumped from winter to summer in one
day: frost this morning and a threatened 23C this afternoon. I am looking out
for the first swallows.