There are Lace Days all the time.  Individual groups sponsor and  promote
them.  The problem is with the word "International".  If you  are celebrating
in one country, it should be a "National" Lace Day.  In  some cases, to
which lacemakers from other nations have been invited.   Publicity can
acknowledge the guests.

I wrote a proposal yesterday for a solution - to have nations representing
us come to an agreement at an OIDFA meeting.  We are an educated
population, and should be able to work this out if everyone bends a  little.

Do all (or most) nations have Father's Day on the 3rd Sunday in  June?  If
so, let us think about how many people it took to come to an  agreement!

The lacemakers of the world are few in number and quite capable of
organizing their lace pillows, even with many bobbins.  Surely, we can  agree
celebrate together on one day of the year?

Please, let's not make this complicated.  Choose based on best time of
year both north and south of the Equator, so that no one is expected to
celebrate in sweltering heat or ice storms, and travel to an event is likely to

be easiest.  Many special occasions share the same day of the  year, so that
should not be a concern.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center