Dear Devon,

There is a large file of information about St. Catherine's Day in Arachne
archives.  It is also explained in several books written by British lace
history experts, and in "Cattern Cakes and Lace", the cook book written by
Julia Jones and Barbara Deer that is illustrated so beautifully with lace and
lace-making equipment.  You can find info about the book in the archives,
by title.  In 2012, it fell on Thanksgiving Day in America.

St. Catherine's Day is always November 25th.  It is easily remembered  as
being one month before Christmas.  Each year, when my new  appointment
calendar is prepared with birthdays of friends and other important  dates
(_Lace@Arachne's_ (mailto:Lace@Arachne's)  anniversary, for  example), I put
this
date in it.  It is not so great a chore, and the  calendar is always on the
kitchen counter or in my purse/traveling  bookcase.  ...Well, that is what I
call it, because I buy purses with side  pockets that will accommodate books,
magazines, and note pads on which to jot  thoughts that will evolve into
memos to _Lace@Arachne_ (mailto:Lace@Arachne) .  Doesn't everyone?

Jeri

In a message dated 6/16/2015 9:13:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,