Thank you Devon & Lorelei!  I'm on digest so just now received your excellent
suggestions & links.  Devon, my lace guild is demonstrating various techniques
on Sunday at a Victorian home owned by a historical society.  In an effort to
be relevant to my surroundings, I thought it would be helpful to know what type
of needle lace would have been worn when the house was new in 1862.  I will
take modern samples but now I can use my Lace app (& iPad if there is wifi
available) to illustrate this beautiful technique.  Sorry to say, my grasp of
lace history is weak so when my usual searches didn't return enough info, I
asked for help.  Lorelei, all I can say is yowza!  The photos posted on Ning
are beyond delicious & your analysis of point de gaze stitches & their uses is
excellent.  Plenty to digest before 1pm on Sunday!  Thanks for reminding me
that one of my favorite pieces of lace is the point de gaze fan in the Koon
collection.  BTW--I wanted to thank you for posting your tape!
  lace lesson.  There are loads of individual diagrams for specific points in
the pattern.  Thorough & oh so helpful!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA

Sent from my iPad