Hello All!  Lest you think that I spent the week eating bonbons, I have posted
some new pics to Arachne Flickr.  The needle lace basket & flowers are Joan
Brash's design & they will be adorable on a future CQ (crazy quilt) creation.
I am taking these to the demo tomorrow, along with a newly started basket as
I'd like to improve my tension.  It will be a long time before I attempt Point
de Gaze!  The pink Torchon edging is Gon Homburg's design, week #19--2015.  In
my haste to get it started, I forgot that Torchon is a thread hog so spent more
time changing threads than making lace!  I will make this again for my
pronkrol.  To get ready for Jane Atkinson's class in Iowa, I decided to make
some of the "etudes" (my term) posted on her site.  After getting lost in the
pattern numerous times, it is finally finished.  To add stability to the
sample, I used plaited pairs on the edges, a la Schneeberger, & I'm pleased
with the result.  The last photo is vintage stuff from my CQ stas!
 h.  I will go out on a limb & call the first one withdrawn thread with needle
lace fillings.  Silk?  The second seems like punta in aria, but upon closer
inspection perhaps it is machine made?  If anyone would like to correct me,
please do!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA