Sent: Saturday, July 4, 2015 6:25 PM
To: Alex Stillwell
Subject: Re: [lace] Colour of linen

DH (who is a botanist) thinks this is not a valid point. The membrane of the
root will allow only selected minerals to come into the plant system. For
the iron molecules to cross the membrane, they would have to be in a soluble
form. Iron oxide (the red form)  is not water soluble. There is iron in the
plant, the lack of which causes chlorosis (much like iron-deficient anemia
in animals). This iron is in a different form than iron oxide.

Best to all,
Linda, the string-a-holic in a very hot (and likely to be that way for
another week or so) NW Oregon.

-----Original Message----- From: Alex Stillwell