I purchased a little book directly from Ulrike Lohr (Voelcker) in 2009 at a
class.  It was published in 1999 and the price is something like 12 Euro.  It
is called ABC’s in Flanders Lace.  It is a small book, similar in size the
the blue Lace Guild publications.  Using it you can make any sign you want in
virtually any size thread.  It contains the ground grid, at least two edgings,
and all the prickings for the letters of the alphabet, including the strange
ones, common symbols, and numbers as Flanders motifs, as well as the diagrams
for making them.  You play with the photocopier, and copy the letters, ground
and edging out of the book, put them together with tape, and photocopy,
adjusting the size as you wish.  There are full instructions for starting and
ending.  So you can make all sorts of labels, signs, using your preferred size
thread, and thus controlling the size of the end result.  I would say it is
for the advanced beginner or intermediate Flanders lacemaker.  I have made
several labels with my initials, and one sign for a T shirt that says, “This
is bobbin lace.”  That one took 26 dozen bobbins.

I do not know who presently sells this book, if any, but Ulrike Voelcker
should know, if no one else.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA, where we have a heat advisory for this
afternoon into the evening.  With the heat and humidity, it is going to feel
like 100F, 34C  Thank heavens for air conditioning.