My dear fellow Arachnids!
The 2015 IOLI convention is nearly here!!!  I am so looking forward to
welcoming you to my home state of Iowa!  The weather has been warm and humid,
typical for late July!  But it could be worse!

There will be an Arachne lunch gathering on TUESDAY in the Coral ballroom
salon B.  Due to the fact that the Arachne lunch was abruptly pulled from a
previous convention, we are not allowed to advertize it on the IOLI website or
in the convention program.  It will be announced at the opening dinner and
included on the hotel signage.  This is not a sit down plated lunch. The hotel
is offering grab and go cash concessions in the Coral A salon.  Pick up what
you like, or bring your own brown bag, and meet in Salon B where it will be
more private for our group.  (Anyone is welcome to purchase concessions and
there are tables in Salon A for eating as well.)  The extra salon will only be
open for the Arachne (Tuesday) and OIDFA lunches (Friday).

And again, I will warn everyone that there is a very interesting convention
the preceding weekend.  The hotel will be booked SOLID on Saturday night.
Check out is noon Sunday.   These people are at the hotel just like we are for
activities at the hotel, so it is very unlikely that many will be checking out
early.  Their convention also offers late check out for an extra fee and it
sounds like it is popular.  Their closing ceremonies are around 5-6pm (I
believe).  Do not expect to get a room early!  Your patience is appreciated!
Sit back and people watch!

Anita Hansen
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Doris Southard Lace Guild