It paid to contact them.  Out of the 3 sellers I contacted, 2 didn't know
they were used in pairs.  Both are going to update their listings to make
them 6 bobbins instead of 5.  Waiting to hear back from the 3rd seller, who
is in France.

Clay...good advice is always a good thing for new lacemakers.  Your example
of the spangled bobbins for Russian tape lace made me chuckle.  I tried to
do it that way, too.  :  )

Looking forward to the weekend and hopefully some lacemaking.  It's been a
lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time since I've worked on any.

Peg
In warm and summery Cleveland Heights, Ohio.