I have spent the past week reading the diaries of Anton Zakelj.  Fascinating
material.

He was Slovenian, and came from a village called Ziri.  In the 1943 diary he
mentions German soldiers passing through their village on the way to Idrija.
There are many entries in the diaries about lacemaking.  He and his brother
both designed lace.  I would love to see the patterns.

Today I found a YouTube video of his wife, Cilka, making bobbin lace.  The
picture quality is not very good, but I enjoyed seeing her after reading
about her in the diaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NnbuC1jU2g

Enjoy!

Peg