Hello Jenny, and everyone

Looking at Lorelei's charts, specifically this one
http://www.lynxlace.com/images-h-det-diag/colorcode.JPG
yes plaits are blue.
But in "Point Ground Lace, A Comparative Study", plaits are yellow, as are
gimp lines and a pair involving one thick and one thin thread.
In this book of many kinds of point ground lace which tend to have picot
edges on the headside, picots are shown as a dot within a circle in
whatever colour representing the stitch in the headside nearest the picot.

In my Cluny book, and in my Binche diagrams, extra twists are shown as one
short red stroke across the thread for each extra twist.
Leaf-tallies are shown in yellow in my Cluny book (for one thread weaving =
yellow). I have a Binche diagram with square tallies shown in black.
Both square and leaf tallies have characteristic shapes, so maybe their
specific colour isn't that important vs. ground areas that need
clarification?

Hope this helps.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada