I joined Arachne just a few months after it started.  I was very lucky to have
a work email and a little while after that, I got my own email address and my
first personal website.

For me, Arachne has been my support for nearly the entirety that I have made
lace.  It has been my support when times have been difficult, my joy when
people have shared their good news and my encyclopaedia of information when I
need to know something.

I wanted to echo Alex's words below.  I have learnt so much from the Arachne
members and not just about lacemaking. From good email practice (trim those
posts) to recipes for cakes.  I've been sent wonderful bookmarks and Xmas
decorations and even got the words to the song - 'Is he an Aussie Lizzie'.

I like facebook for it's immediacy but trying to find something there that you
saw a while ago is impossible.  Arachne is the archive that allows us to go
back over the years and find out that piece of info that you needed.

Thank you everyone for being part of it.

Kind Regards
Liz Baker