Lyn wrote about making time for lace in the morning before the rest of the
household is up and about.

For those of you who have many obligations, I thought I'd share what I did
to make time for lace and embroidery during difficult years.

It was 40 years ago now, and I had a new husband who was  determined to
monopolize my time.  (Why didn't I see it in advance?)   I moved out of a
convenient NYC apartment, because he insisted on  living a 2-hour commute away
from my work.  It required 4 different  modes of transportation each way.

What to do about lace and embroidery?  From age 17 to my  mid-30s (and
again after the marriage ended), I worked day and night  (2 different jobs).
It
was possible to train myself to get along on less  sleep.  This was good
preparation for a couple years of marriage.  I got up at 3 am, went to another
room to work with  threads for an  hour, and skipped breakfast.  I carried
needlework books to read  on the train.  Maybe these suggestions will work
for some of  you.  Especially finding time to read about lace.  Now 77, I can
 say that the lack of sleep for many years did not adversely affect  me.

Four hours of sleep and an occasional nap are adequate to this day.   Not
for everyone; maybe for some.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center