Starting a new topic.  If you belong to a lace guild, what types of projects
do you do as a group?
I joined Silvergate Lacers in southern California and last year went to the
San Diego County Fair at the Delmar Race Track.  Silvergate has been in
existence since 1975 and taking part demonstrating and having a booth there to
show off all types of lace.  The fair lasts a month so the work is shared
with two other San Diego lace guilds.  This year we decided to add a little
color to the display and are working on a background of flowers.  This came
about because Linda Knott, who is the glue holding us all together, worked
about four flowers while do demonstrations last year.  As a guild, at our
meeting this month we started working on large simple daisies that even our
beginners could do.  I now have done three and am working on my fourth. The
theme for the fair this year is "Through the Looking Glass" so we are thinking
of adding some lace teapots and teacups to the display table.
My other guild back in Illinois always have a lace challenge every other year
as they hold a lace day on the opposite year, and it gives them something to
work towards.  The members were provided with an outline and had to work a
filling of their own choice. One year it was the shape of a leaf, the next an
egg shape and last time they worked fillings for the elephant found on the
Lace Guilds young members page.  The members then vote on their favorites to
find a winner.  I wonder what they will come up with this year?
So, what do you all do with your guilds?Janice Janice Blair Murrieta,
CA, www.jblace.com