Arachne had just celebrated it's first year when I joined in May 96.  My DH
got me a computer, set it up, and told me to "type in something".  I typed
"bobbin lace" ---- and the rest is history.
I have learned so much from all the discussions on the List, and even got to
attend the one and only Arachne Conference in 1998 in Nottingham. That's where
I met Tamara, and also a lacemaker who lives only an hour from my home.
We've been friends ever since.
Many thanks to Liz for sponsoring Arachne all this time.
Alice in Oregon -- where our sunshine has gone away and it's raining again.