What an incredible image. I clicked on the second link and saw a very powerful picture of a woman making lace in the middle of a war damaged area. What a far cry from Karens lovely image of making lace over looking the Atlantic Ocean in beautiful weather.
Sue T
Dorset UK

The first 44 of several thousand laces in the Smithsonian Museum in
Washington, DC went online this morning.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/object-groups/lace-collection
The computer people still have to add the introduction, but in the
meantime, enjoy the first part of many of this wonderful collection. More
will be added as they are approved.
By clicking on 'expand' in upper right corner of each lace you get more
information, and then to see more images and more information click in
lower right 'view full record'.
This is a work in progress, and I would appreciate any comments,
suggestions and/or corrections. Sorry I cannot do anything about the
cumbersome webpage.
Actually the first part of the collection to go online was the War Laces
made in Belgium during WWI
http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/object-groups/world-war-one-laces

As a volunteer with the lace collection I am very pleased that at least
some of the laces can now be viewed from afar.

Karen
in Delaware this weekend, where I am enjoying making lace overlooking the
Atlantic Ocean in beautiful weather